Thursday, January 08, 2009


Monday 5th January 2009

We went to the Trafford Centre on Saturday morning. We got there for 8.30, thinking that the shops opened at 9am. We all had breakfast and started to wander, only to discover that in fact, most of the shops didn't open until 10am! Fortunately Boots was open, and we managed to spend ages in there browsing the sale goodies. Adam bought me a couple of Singstar games for my birthday (this Saturday), and I bought myself some clothes in the sales.

On Monday we went to the dentist. I hadn't been for around 18 months, and Adam hadn't been for abut 4 years, so we're both pretty chuffed that our teeth are fine! Joseph now has 2 teeth of his own, so he'll be seeing the dentist when we go again in 6 months time.

On Tuesday we went to Rhythm Time. We've changed classes this term, as we used to go on a Monday, and in a couple of weeks time, Mondays will be nursery days for both of us. Joseph seems to be getting more out of it now, and was happier to sit for longer, although he still wants to eat the instruments rather than play with them! From my point of view it wasn't as enjoyable, as the other mums are quieter, and the instructor not as good. But, we go for Joseph not for me, and he seemed to enjoy it, so that's the main thing!

Yesterday I used another Keep in Touch day and went to work. Everything is very different now as there's been a lot of staff changes, and we are gearing up for an Ofsted inspection. I see the majority of the changes as positive though, and am still very much looking forward to going back. Adam and Joseph had a good day at home - they only have 2 more days together before Joseph comes to nursery too.

Today we have been to the baby clinic. Joseph is now 20lbs, and has almost doubled his birth weight, just another 4oz to go. We have also been out to a local cafe with Sally and Elliot for a rather scrummy hot chocolate.

All in all, quite a busy week, especially when you include all the housework etc that is far too dull to mention here. I really am worried about what'll happen when I go back to work, and how we'll struggle to keep on top of things. I guess we need to work out where our priorities lie, and compromise on the things that are less important

No comments: