Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year! I know it's been a while, but rather than focussing on the past, let's look to the future and I'll fill in the gaps if and when there's time.

I'm hoping that 2010 will be an eventful year for us in all the right ways and have set a number of goals, rather than the traditional resolutions. We would love to move house next year, maybe even to our "forever house" but there's a few things to overcome first so we need to be realistic. My place of work will change during the year, as the company is expanding and opening a nursery closer to home. I'll be transfering there regardless, but am also hopeful of a promotion. Again, there's a few obstacles, but I'll try my hardest to get there. I want my career on track before we extend the family!

I really want to start blogging more frequently, maybe even daily, but let's be realistic yet again, and aim for weekly! Something to help me do this is project 365 which involves taking a photo every single day to record every day life. I love this idea, although we're most of the way through today and I haven't taken one yet! The majority of these pics will be taken on my phone as it's easy, but if it gets me snapping and recording again, then it's all good.

Time to sign off now - my boy is in the bath and resembling a prune! Hopefully return later with today's pic



-- Post From My iPhone

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great to see you posting again. It's interesting reading your post and your goals for the next year. I haven't blogged for long - since I did my America one, but really want to, just don't seem to find the time in the evenings. I have just started a new one though which I'm just going to post all my Iphone photos on and the story behind them. I'm currently updating from all the old photos on there and doing it on my Iphone too - it's so easy especially with the App. Once I'm all updated I'll send you an invite. I'd like to get back into scrapping too, it has been so long, but I need to finish sorting all my stuff first and it to fit in 5 Expedit cubes of our shelving unit!!! All the best with the job xx

Claire said...

Lovely to hear from you, Lisa. I'm hoping that I'll be able to blog more often now that I can do it on my phone. I needed to take away the pressure to fill in the gaps since my last post, as that was what was stopping me from carrying on! I haven't done any scrapping since the last time I went to a crop. My stuff just isn't organised, which makes it difficult to do anything in the short gaps of time that I have free. It's all going in to storage soon though while we prepare the house to sell, which gives me the opportunity to purge, and then hopefully have a designated space when we move.

Lisa said...

That is the last time I scrapped too and I'm really hoping once it's all sorted and what is left has a place then I can start again. It is a long way for you to come to crop too. When will you be putting the house on the market? Do you have an area/type of house that you're looking at?

Claire said...

Hoping to put it on the market early spring. Not wanting to think too much about moving yet, as need to seel this place first and don't want to get my hopes up. But, it's a massive move for us and it needs to be right or its not worth it. Lots of things to consider: space, location, schools etc. Might move half and hour closer to "home" too, which would make a big difference