Wednesday, November 05, 2008



Monday 3rd November 2008, 19 weeks & 3 days

So once again I find myself with a couple of weeks to update on. Joseph loves his food, and now eats 3 meals a day. I haven't yet given him anything he doesn't like or that doesn't agree with him, so it's all good.

Joseph and I travelled down to Leicester last week to visit a friend of mine and her little girl. They emigrated to Australia at the weekend, and we went to say goodbye. We then spent a few hours with my nan, before spending the night at mum and dad's. We also went shopping in Leicester, which is something I miss, although Manchester is better, not that I go there often either!

A couple of weeks ago we discovered JJ's Sensory Play Centre, which Joseph really enjoyed, so we went again last week. It was good to find a play centre that we can go to while he is still little. Soft play centres are quite easy to come across, but we wouldn't get much out of it while Joseph is still immobile.

Tomorrow I am hoping to take the little guy swimming for the first time, but he's full of cold, so we'll have to see how he is in the morning. He's got a really nasty cough, and it sounds like he's really suffering, although he doesn't seem to be too bothered by it. He's a little bit grumpy and clingy, but on the whole he's coping very well. I was expecting to be up all night with him last night, but he actually slept the best he's done for a long time, and we didn't have to get up to him at all.

We went in to nursery yesterday and it was lovely to catch up with all the girls. Joseph is starting to get used to the environment now, which is great. While I'm on maternity leave, I can use up to 10 keeping in touch days, which means I can go into work and get paid without losing my maternity allowance. I'd planned to use them as half days, with Adam using half days holidays to stay at home with Joseph. We planned them all out, and apart from the Christmas fortnight I'd be working at least one afternoon a week from next week up until me going back in February. But, unfortunately I've now found out that I can't use them as half days. Each time I work is classed as a day even if I only work an hour. So now I need to sort something else out. I'm so disappointed, as I was really looking forward to going back to work, and for Adam and Joseph to spend some time together. The biggest issue is that I'm still breastfeeding, so being away from Joseph for a full day is a bit of a logistical problem, although work are legally obliged to allow me time to express milk. I'm sure we'll sort something out.

This week's big news is that Joseph has now learnt to roll from his tummy to his back. He did it twice on Monday, but not again since!

1 comment:

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Claire,
It is a great pleasure to visit your nice and interesting blog for the first time.
Best wishes from Brazil:
Geraldo